We are committed to protecting your privacy.
For the purposes of this Statement, "personal information" means information that is personally identifiable to individuals. "Non-identifiable information" means information that cannot be associated with or traced back to specific individuals with any certainty.
How and when we collect personal information
1. Remington collects personal information from individuals on a voluntary basis through surveys, contest entry forms, registration forms, questionnaires and transaction documents both online and offline. The personal information includes contact information (for example, name, mailing address, e-mail address and telephone number), demographic information, household information, preference information and transaction-related information.
Use of personal information
2. Remington uses personal information that it collects for the following:
The information also enables us to develop and customize our products and services to better meet the needs and preferences of customers. Remington may, from time to time, contact individuals by electronic format, regular mail or telephone for any of the purposes set out above.
Disclosure of personal information
3. Remington does not sell, rent or trade personal information that it collects. Remington will not knowingly disclose personal information to any third parties except in the following circumstances:
Retention of personal information
4. At such time as personal information is no longer required for the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement or other statutory requirements, such personal information will be made anonymous or destroyed.
Collection, use and disclosure of non-identifiable information
5. Remington collects and uses Non-Identifiable Information to assess the effectiveness of website content and traffic. This allows Remington to improve the quality of visits to websites managed by it by streamlining visitors' ability to navigate these sites and developing featured programs and content that will be of interest to visitors. Aggregate non-identifiable information is used to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behaviour of individuals, and to measure demographics and interests.
6. Remington also uses aggregate non-identifiable information it collects to inform its current and prospective sponsors and advertisers about the number of visits to its websites, the demographic characteristics of these visitors and the number of times visitors have viewed and "clicked" on their advertisement(s). Remington also discloses to advertisers the overall demographics available regarding visitors who "clicked" on their advertisement. Aggregate non-identifiable information may be used to describe Remington services and products to third parties such as prospective business partners and financial institutions. In any of these circumstances, only non-identifiable information in an aggregate form and not personal information is disclosed.
Websites operated by third parties
7. Websites operated by Remington may contain links to other websites that may collect personal information. This Statement does not extend to the data collection, disclosure, use and retention practices of such third parties and Remington does not assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of such third parties. Individuals should read the privacy policies of such third parties, and make an informed decision whether or not to visit such websites and/or provide personal information to such third parties based upon their privacy practices and individual discretion.
Safeguarding personal information
8. Remington has taken measures to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information as are appropriate in the circumstances. Personal information is stored in confidential databases and locations in the Greater Toronto Area. These sites have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under the care and control of Remington. Any information transmitted via the internet, however, may be intercepted by third parties. Remington does not assume any liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet. Remington employees are restricted from using and disclosing personal information collected by Remington other than in accordance with this Statement.
Accessing personal information
9. Individuals have the right to access, verify and correct or amend all of their personal information collected by Remington. Remington believes that it is imperative that personal information be as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. Accordingly, to help Remington keep personal information as current as possible, Remington encourages individuals to amend inaccuracies and make corrections in their personal information collected by Remington as often as necessary. To access verify and correct or amend personal information, please send an email to email@example.com.
The choice to provide personal information or to receive certain information and promotional materials
10. Individuals always have the choice whether or not they wish to supply Remington with personal information. Individuals wishing to "opt-out" of receiving certain informational and promotional materials from Remington or who otherwise object to the collection, use and disclosure policies as provided under this Privacy Statement, are asked to contact Remington by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opt-out opportunities are also provided in other circumstances such as in certain promotional mailings. Individuals are reminded that the decision to withhold personal information or to object to the use and/or disclosure of personal information as provided in this Privacy Statement or in any agreement between such individuals and Remington, may, in certain instances, limit their ability to complete purchases of Remington products and services and limit their ability to access or take advantage of certain promotions and features.
Your personal information is obtained and used only with your consent that may be expressed or implied depending on the circumstance.
Comments and questions
11. Any comments or questions about this Statement, should be addressed to Remington as follows:
Remington Group Inc.
7501 Keele St.
Vaughan, Ontario L4K 1Y2
Attention: Privacy Officer
Effective date of Statement
12. This Statement has been adopted by Remington as of January 1, 2005.